Digesting the lastest dose of Vogue offerings (having welcomed it back into my life in recent months), I was excited at last to find a Green role model in the form of Laetitia Maklouf. Where Charlie Dimmock failed to satisfy our wants for a Gardener possessing both know-how and style, Maklouf brings both in equal measure, even admitting "I don't like dirt under my fingernails nor being cold and wet". Such a confession brought great relief to me and I'm sure will strike a chord with many other women- whatsmore, with the release of her new book entitled 'The Virgin Gardener", a carefully compiled collection of simple gardening guides/concoctions, even the busiest and most incompetent of us will have time to follow.
Also contained are what most of us might deem the more 'expert' gardening practices such as distilling your own Rosewater, cultivating your own chillies and excelling in the art of 'window boxing' so there seems no excuse why one shouldn't be inspired.

No comments:
Post a Comment