Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hunting for cakestands.

I've always had a bit of a 'thing' for past objects, dressing table goodies if you will. My room is pretty littered with old glass bottles, empty perfume bottles, standing mirrors covered with jewellery,a birdcage, glass dessert bowls filled with makeup and obligatory 1930's style Paul and Joe makeup.
But I'm still desperately on the hunt for the perfect cake stand. This little crush was probably harboured by my friends recent finding of a lovely fringed metal one in a local charity shop. As well as this, the recent Marie Antoinette film by Sofia Coppola , filled with fondant fancies,walnut whips and intricately iced sponges, had me instantly craving for the crown of the table.
Yes, granted it probably wont even fit on any of the already cluttered surfaces in my room.but to have all my cake coloured cosmetics and jewellery layered on each of the little platforms would be a cute feature.I've seen a few but i really undecided which exactly to go for; mirrored, china, floral, the aforementioned fringed treat or an authentic glass alternative.hmm...




No comments: